Qld. Teams/Club Championships 2023
Qld. Teams Championships 2023 – 1st half of year.
Qld. Club Teams Championships – 2nd half of year.
Both one day events.
- Northern Teams play via online with a paid Arbiter in situ.
The OTB event has 6 or 12 laptops on site for the Northern team rounds.
- Trophies only. Australia currently has one professional chess player.
- Not 2 or 3 or 10, just 1.
- Let’s grow up a little, put on the big boy/girl pants, and copy the successful sports.
How much does mum or dad earn playing “Church League Soccer?”
Recently a local weekender had $1,000 1st prize and 30 players.
Recently a local team’s event had 26 teams x 6 and trophies only.
STOP BURNING MONEY on amateur players who are happy with trophies.
- State Club winning Team goes into the National Championships.
“Club” Championship Team makeup.
6 players including one Junior.
All “Clubs” must have an OTB venue which meets at least 40 times per year.
At the start of 2024, players must nominate the Club for which they will be playing throughout the year.
A small Transfer Fee will be payable to the Olympiad Appeal.
Is there any SERIOUS MONEY to be made from a –
“sport rewarding players with trophies only in the amateur ranks”?
Don’t ask me.
Ask Soccer, Basketball, Cricket, Netball, Hockey, Swimming, Athletics, Tennis, Golf, Gridiron, Hurling and the list goes on and on and on. And I mean SERIOUS MONEY, not chess money or hermit money.
See you at the Teams.
Back to News