Round 4 results for July, 2020 tournament.
Round 4 was held on Wednesday night 22nd July, 2020 with 14 players in attendance. It was pleasing to have Craig Castelli back at the club since resumption but unfortunately he was up against a junior looking for another adult scalp.
Results on the night were:
- Filip Simic 0 vs Tom Maguire 1.
- Lachlan Wang 1/2 vs Mark Stokes 1/2. Lachlan is just 8 years old, but plays incredible chess! Mark stated that he was very lucky to draw.
- Jai Turner 1 vs Tony McRoberts 0.
- Victor Davidovici 0 vs Allan Fossey 1.
- Jeeva Praveen 1/2 vs Kingston Wang 1/2.
- Nikola Maljikovic 0 vs Tony Weller 1.
- Craig Castelli 0 vs Ethan Chen 1.
Once again the juniors continue to perform extremely well against the adults, with Jai and Ethan winning their respective games and draws by Jeeva and Kingston.
The draw for round 5 will likely see Tom playing against Lachlan on board 1 and Jai and Filip should meet on board 2.
Here is the game between Lachlan and Mark (club President).
White: Lachlan Wang
Black: Mark Stokes (playing another French defence):
Move no. White Black.
- e4 e6
- d4 d5
- Nc3 Bb4
- e5 c5
- a3 Bxc3+
- bxc3 Qc7
- Bd2 Nc6
- Nf3 Ne7
- Bd3 c4
- Be2 Bd7
- h4 f6
- Bf4 Ng6
- Bg3 fxe5
- h5 Ne7
- Nxe5 Qa5
- Qd2 Nf5
- Bf4 Rf8
- Nxc6 Bxc6
- Be5 0-0-0
- Bg4 Rf7
- 0-0 Rdf8
- Rfe1 Qd8
- g3 Qe7
- Bf4 Draw agreed
Mark had only 4 minutes left on his clock, whilst Lachlan had 12 left (and a much better position too!! – according to Mark).
Back to News